The RMIT Vietnam School of Languages and English (SLE) offers a range of English programs designed to support students English language development, at any level, from preparing for higher education or IELTS through to supporting and developing their careers.
The majority of the School's courses run for 20 hours a week for 5 or 10 weeks, Monday to Friday, 8 to 6. Evening and weekend work may also be required.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified English Language Educators, to join the SLE at our RMIT Ho Chi Minh City campus in 2018.
- Effectively teach in required discipline field including: assisting in materials design; conducting assessment; course evaluation activities; gathering and using student feedback to inform improvement of teaching effectiveness.
- Engage in a scholarly and reflective approach to teaching as evidenced through classroom observations, peer mentoring and appropriate professional learning.
- Participate in School wide activities as requested and undertake a range of administration activities related to the position.
- Actively engage in the use and implementation of appropriate educational technologies to improve student learning and teaching practice.
- Provide a range of student support for English language learning as directed including on line and one to one assistance.
- Educators may be invited to take on academic leadership roles within SLE or at any of its locations of delivery. Educators are also responsible for supporting duties including; preparation, marking or course related administration along with meetings associated with teaching duties.