Hello! Access English Center, in the gorgeous beach city of Quy Nhon (central Vietnam), is looking to hire 2 native English Teachers (one male and one female). We are a small, family-owned school with three classrooms and around 100 students. We currently have three foreign teachers and several Vietnamese teaching assistants.
We offer a competitive salary for the region. While hourly wages are higher in HCMC and Hanoi, the cost of living here is much cheaper than in the big cities so it is still possible to live well and save part of your earnings each month. In addition, we guarantee a minimum of 60 hours per month.
Our students are bright, funny, and energetic. They enjoy teachers with a sense of humor and enthusiasm. Ages range from 5 to 18 years. Class sizes range from 5 to 15 students, but typically have about 12 students.
- Teaching the provided syllabus using ESL methods
- Creating and administering engaging speaking activities
- Administering mid-term and final tests
- Administering progress reports
- Regular communication with our office
- 6 month or 1 year contract
1. Bachelor's degree
2. CELTA, Trinity or equivalent TEFL teaching certificate
3. Must be a native English speaker (or equivalent with evidence of high proficiency)
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Self-sufficient: ability to manage oneself in a new cultural environment
- Culturally sensitive: desire to interact with other Vietnamese teachers
- Flexible: willingness to adapt
- Prior teaching experience is a plus.
- Creative: ability to solve problems and come up with interesting and dynamic lesson plans
- Committed: willing to stay until contract completion
- Salary: negotiable, depends on experience and length of contract.
- Visa & work permit paid for by the school
- Payment on time always.
- Help securing accommodation and a motorbike
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, your updated CV, your passport photo, Teaching Certificate and Bachelor Degree to email: xxx
As far as living in Quy Nhon goes, here is a review from a current teacher:
“Quy Nhon is pretty much my dream come true as far as living in Vietnam. I enjoy the students I teach at Acccess, and communication with school leadership is open and positive. If there are any issues, the staff is always willing to work with teachers to solve them. The city has a very local feel, with nice restaurants, endless juice stands, beautiful parks, and an awesome beach which stretches across all of downtown. The traffic and pollution are minimal compared to other parts of Vietnam, and I can cycle anywhere in town within 20 minutes. Best of all, if you like the outdoors and the ocean, this is definitely the spot for you. There are stunning beaches, cliffs, coves, islands, fishing villages, etc. to explore in either direction as far as you care to go. On days off I often snorkel, take boat trips, read/rest on beautiful empty beaches, or have sunset bbqs with friends… and I eat great fresh seafood numerous times each week. There are also loads of hiking trails and hills to climb with beautiful views, and plenty of 12th century Cham towers in the area if you’re into historic architectural sites. If you enjoy nighlife, however, this may not be the best spot for you… while there are bars and clubs in town, this is a relatively small city. Also, there are few foreign food choices in town… one sushi restaurant, a Korean place, a hostel that serves decent hamburgers, etc, and a mediocre pizza place… so if you are dependent on Western food this also may not be the place for you. My husband and I absolutely love it here though! We love the local food, and the low cost of living, not to mention all the wonderful people we’ve gotten to know. I cannot recommend Access English and Quy Nhon enough. I am thoroughly enjoying my time here!”
She would like to share her experience with you so we can give you her email if you want to know more! :) Just ask for it when you apply!
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Adress: 36 Trần Cao Vân, Tp. Qui Nhơn, Vietnam